Thainakarin Hospital has been officially opened since 14th June 1993
through collaborative efforts between medical doctors and leading entrepreneurs including
- Mr. Jatuporn Sihanatkathakul (Chairman),
- Lt. Gen. Anujit Sinadyodharaks (former Committee Member of the Board of Managing Directors)
- Dr. Charoen Meensuk MD (Committee Member of the Board of Medical Directors).
The hospital was initially operated with main departments in 6 specialties:
- Internal Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Ear Nose and Throat Department
- Surgery Department
- Department of Pediatrics
- Dental department
Other operating units consist of emergency department , X-ray unit, pharmacy department, physical therapy department, laboratory department, in patient unit (5th to 8th floors). The service support unit provides assistance in medical record, information center, nutrition unit, engineer unit, security, housing, and transportation service. For better and higher efficient performance, the hospital is managed in cooperation by Office of Administrative Directors, Office of Medical Directors, Nursing Department, Human Resource Department and other related functional offices. Over the decades, we have renovated our health care service areas and expanded to cover medical services to the full potentials with exceptional nursing and customer services. The ongoing expansion that has been launched from 2001 to present includes:
2001: Health Check-Up Center has been established on level L.
2002: Traditional Chinese Medicine Clinic has been established on level L.
2003: Additional expansions in medical services have been established as the following
- Well-Baby Clinic: The clinic offers specialized healthcare from newborns to children, especially vaccination and immunization, which they are set apart from children with common illness. Because medical treatment affects children differently from adults, they deserve our special care to make them feel better.
- Cardiac Catheterization Center: The center operates to diagnose and treat cardiac diseases for patients who need immediate medical assistance.
- Orthopedics Surgery Department: The department provides medical treatments for patients who suffer from bone and joint problems, for example, knee osteoarthritis and musculoskeletal diseases. Following the renovation to accommodate the growing number of patients with bone and joint complications, it has been renamed as “Bone & Joint Center” since 2006.
2004: Skin and Laser Center and Hemodialysis Center have been established.
2005: Thai Nakarin Heart Center has been established.
2007: Holistic Oncology Center has been established.